You can bring your donations into the store from 9am to 3pm Tuesday through Saturday, or you can call for the pickup of large items, like furniture – the truck normally runs on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, though exceptions are always a possibility.
• As a general guideline, items must be clean, unbroken, have no significant damage or missing parts, and be in usable condition.
• Clothing, shoes, purses, belts, and bed/bath/table linens free of stains and tears can be accepted for sale in the store.
• Furniture and rugs, free of obvious stains, holes, tears, threadbare areas and odors, are also very welcome.
• Electronics need to be in working order and no more than five (5) years old.
• Any size flat screen TV or computer monitor in working condition will be accepted. Tube TV’s (CRT) with screens less than 30” will be accepted if they are cable ready.
- Clothing, Shoes, and Accessories
- Home Furnishings and Household Items
- Books, Records, CD’s, DVD’s, Cassettes, Video Games
- Electronics and Stereo Equipment
- Large & Small Working Appliances
- Sporting Goods
- Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, etc.
- TV’s and Computer Monitors
- Cribs and Carseats
- Used Bicycles
- Footballs, Soccer Balls, Soft Balls
- Board Games and Puzzles (Try to have all of the pieces, please!)
- Skis, Poles, and Boots
- Fishing Poles
- Non-Working Appliances
- Combustible Items, Paint, Toxic, Hazardous
- Opened Containers/Packages
- Tube TVs Not Cable-Ready or Larger than 30”
- CRT Computer Monitors
Preparing Your Donation
• Pack your clothing, bed and table linens in large plastic bags.
• Wrap & secure all cords to lamps and appliances.
• Place your other donations in boxes that have lids or are able to be closed.
Create a list of all furniture and larger items that you plan to donate. Add to that list an estimation of the number of boxes and bags you plan to donate.
Please note: our pickup crew can only pickup items from the FIRST FLOOR of your home or business. (Call for exceptions.)
Call 901-552-5197 to schedule your pickup. The scheduler may ask you for your list in order to plan enough time and truck space for your donation. We will make every effort to work with you on scheduling at your convenience.
Once you have completed packing your donation, compare the quantities to your original list. If you have added or subtracted furniture items or have a different number of bags and/or boxes, please call our scheduler to update their pickup records at least 1 day before pickup, so we can make the adjustments.
Keep this updated list plus your estimate of the fair market value for the tax-deductible donation receipt you will receive at pickup. If you do not receive a donation receipt please call and we will mail or email you one.
Our friendly Blues City Thrift truck crew will pick up your donation in the scheduled time range and hand you a tax-deductible donation receipt with a smile. Thank you.
Who Do You Help?
Blues City Thrift is proud to support:
- The Church Health Center of Memphis
- First Presbyterian Church’s Homeless Ministry
- Urban Tuition Assistance for Christian Education at Westminster Academy
- First Congregation Church’s Homeless Ministry
- Birthright of Memphis